Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Two Cents...

Being the only child of my parents, I had been to loneliness born. So I made books my friends, and reading my passion. Not that there was too much choice —there was no cable TV, video games, or computers with Internet connections when I was a child.

Having gained a glimpse of the wide world through the wonder of the written word, I tried to snatch from it as much as I could. And snatching was what I did best. Not for me the weakness of asking or the cowardice of stealing.


Whether it was fancy foods or pretty girlfriends, I always had to have the best. Defeating virtual enemies in PC games and real friends in chess, Monopoly or cards – these are a few of my favourite things.

For someone so seemingly in tune with the fast life, my poems are surprisingly nihilistic, furious, and obscure. Maybe my sad little songs are always about the perfect world that seems just beyond the pale.

1 comment:

Chhaya said...

once i was fascinated with "nihilism"
proved to be the fancy of teenage