Thursday, May 24, 2007

Be Happy, And Stay Happy

It is not your fault. Maybe it's just that we no longer seem to have anything in common. Your horizons have broadened. You have achieved so much in life at such a young age. And I stayed the same old man, still driving the same old car. Maybe moving back with me is nothing but a step back. Into an arena where you don't feel the same happiness you do in your new world.

I feel the tone of resignation that creeps into your voice whenever we talk about settling back into the old routine. Maybe you need to be away from me to be happy. And I think we should all do whatever we all need to do in order to be happy. Please go back again and again as many times as it takes for you to be a permanent resident of the wonderful land of opportunity. Each time you need to return for a limited amount of time to find your moorings, I shall welcome you back.

Be happy, and stay happy. Thank you for whatever you have done for me. And thank you for having once let me dream of paradise.

No comments: