Wednesday, May 10, 2006

First Death Anniversary

It's been a year today that I died. A year of existing only in body, grinning at the grisly memories of my departed spirit. A year in which I have become responsible, dependable, and utterly mundane. A year in which I have continually hated myself for having become only a pale shadow of what I once was.

Is this what togetherness does to people? Or only to people whose existence is defined only by independence and nothing else?

I do not fault her. Neither do I think I would have been happier with anybody else. It is just the fundamental weakness of the premise that a structured mind and an unstructured mind could ever look for the same things.

So I shake the cobwebs off, and ready myself to attend my long-delayed funeral.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary?

Chhaya said...

Ouch! man!

it hurt