Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What If?

What if I had been a cowboy? Would have loved to carry those guns, but I think I prefer travelling by an AC car any day over the dirt and smell of an old horse. What if I had been Superman? Super strength and flight would have been great. But I think I'd look stupid wearing my undies over my trousers.

What if I had been a rockstar? Would have loved the attention and the money. But I'd rather not fry my brains with all the drugs that would have been part and parcel of that life. What if I had been an ancient Greek? Would have loved to have an all-round personality (remember arete?), but I can't visualize myself in a sissy skirt.

What if I had been a god man? Beautiful people would have worshipped me. But I'd have to bear a lot of people around me all the time. I'm too much a loner to love being the object of adoration 24/7. I think I'd rather be myself. At least I have the comfort of familiarity. And as they say, familiarity does breed an attempt!

No comments: