Friday, August 25, 2006

The Coffee Mug

I saw a new born baby with wild hyenas all around it. I met a young child wailing beside a dead puppy. I saw guns in the hands of the young, and hatred in the hearts of the old.

I heard a hundred children singing and nobody listening. I heard a thousand people starving, and ten thousand laughing. I heard the jester crying in the shadows, and the song of a poet dying in the gutters.


I met one man who was wounded in love,I met another man wearing a bleeding glove. I'll swim to the depths of the deepest lake,where the assassin's face will always be well hidden. The harsh notes of the coffee mug stirring, and I wake to a reality worse than my wildest nightmare.

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

arnab, wake up!!!!!! and smell the coffee instead :)

Anonymous said...

good one Shilpa! and arnab what is it with the doom and gloom. please do elaborate.